• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

LOST my sense of TASTE..wtf!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

belfort

Bluelighter
about a day or so ago i have had a big reduction in my sense of taste..i can smell fine but id say my sense of taste is about 15% of what it used to be..i dont smoke, dont take prescription drugs, dont feel sick so what else could be causing this??anyone ever went thru something like this before??

I've actually read somewhere that your sense of taste is the only sense you cant lose (except of course when you are sick) I dont know if its true or not....

Are you sure you havent just been eating wierd/bland foods? I'd give it a few days and if it doesnt change or gets worse I'd go see someone.... It could even be something like your state of mind, as odd as that sounds, but like when I'm really depressed food tastes bland compared to usual.

>While most people who experience a loss of their sense of smell may only be aware of the sensory loss many will also notice loss or change in taste

>Exposure to chemicals may also lessen the sense of smell causing desensitizing

>The most common causes for loss of sense of taste and smell are the result of a nasal obstruction, such as the common cold, breathing allergies and nasal congestion from irritants like cigarette smoke and pollutants.

>The nerves may be desensitized damaged or blocked by scar formation tissue.

>If smocking, using drugs or very spicy food, it may cause the sense of taste for a while, usually seizing for a while may help. Also the use of meds may cause this.

>Consultation with an ear, nose and throat physician is a good idea.

In rare instances, benign nonmalignant tumors grow on the nerves of smell and should be identified and removed.

You need to go to a fucking hospital. If you haven't gone, go!

It could be a tumor at the worst. Go go go go.

Status
Not open for further replies.